Saturday, February 12, 2011

Y'all Thought I Wouldn't Post On My Birthday, Huh?

Ok, so today hasn't been half bad. At midnight I searched my room and found an old video that my high school friend Chris made of my late dad. It felt like he was in the room with me. For the first time I saw the cool of he and all our friends in myself. Either that or the beer was talking to me real heavily. Though I will say it was like looking at my own off-color history with a fresh set of eyes. I wasn't embarrassed like most people are when people want to look at scrapbooks. I was actually in awe of most parties in the project. Chris is still a proper, uptight putz though. Imagine Superbad's McLovin then remove his penchant for checking out the ladies. There you go. He's like the guy breaking records that Howard Stern's dad told off through the window in the childhood flashback scene of Private Parts. Same goofball expression on his face and everything. The Red Mist to my Kick-Ass.

Swiss cheese, anyone?

The jet pack scene from contemporary cult classic, Kick-Ass (2010.)
Video courtesy of:
Marv Films.
Plan B Entertainment.
Lionsgate.
All rights reserved.

Then I nodded off for a few hours and woke to find a birthday card from my Mom. That was very sweet, I thought. Then I got online. To say that all you readers have overwhelmed me with your kind words would be an understatement. Many, many people wished me well and for that, I am eternally grateful to you all. First my Mom, then you guys... and that was before I even walked out the door.
So I got out the door and had breakfast. Denny's does this offer where on your birthday they give you a free meal. The catch is, you build the meal yourself. I went for the grits and pancakes with eggs and sausage. It wasn't half bad with the blue soda I ordered.
Then I went to the store. Now when I say I went to the store, I mean I really went to the store. All in all, I spent on food more than what most do on lobster. Okay so maybe that's a slight exaggeration but still, it wasn't two tacos for 99 cents at Jack in the Box. Although there were plenty of girls to look at so you know already that I wasn't complainin'.
Finally, before coming home I stopped by the Blockbuster Video. Man, that place ain't doin' bad business for a place that's shutting down. I went in there and bought eight movies, a Springsteen cd and a KISS keychain for thirty dollars. Talk about a great deal! Anymore if you go buy a movie at Best Buy, just one of those flicks would cost you the same price brand new.
So now I'm home and lord knows what's coming next. I have no clue and its my birthday. All I do know is my hand is itching and I've been told that's a sign of good luck. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get lucky before the night is over!

Tre' Amore.
Roger and Jessica Rabbit.

Character image and likeness courtesy of Disney.
All rights reserved.

Business Directory for Dixon, California
Add to Google
Online Marketing

Add to Bloglines

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work.Just wanted to drop a comment and say I am new to your blog and really like what I am reading.Thanks for the share

    ReplyDelete