Saturday, January 29, 2011

Deadlines.

Have you ever put a deadline on yourself to have something done by a certain time or date and then it all goes to hell in a hand basket? If so, then welcome to my world. I used to have a job. When I was at work, I was annoyingly early. I'd show up at least a half hour before my shift. That way, if people needed me to jump on a little early then I was already on call. Now, I try to make sure I have a post in here a night just so that you viewers know I haven't forgotten you. That and also because if I don't, I know I'll get lazy and forget the whole thing since lately I'm not getting paid for it. Anywho, I'm back now so don't worry. Your dutiful describer of detail has returned for the duration. Wow, that was a mouthful. Anyways, I'm sure you're wondering what I'm getting at. The thing I'm trying to point out is that its good to make sure you set priorities for yourself. Once you get into any regimen then it becomes second nature over time. Like learning to ride a bicycle. If you don't do that, you become fat and lazy somehow or so neurotic you can't cope. If not physically then emotionally or mentally. That's what they call having a breakdown. You can't just ask why and expect the question being asked to the universe to be enough. You have to explore the answer and shop around, see if that's the only one. If you listen to hearsay like gossip and take that as gospel then all you are being is ignorant. Not that you are that, you're just acting that way. As my dad used to say, "get off your lazy butt and go outside." You can't complain about others having alot or call them dumb for pursuing unpopular ways of looking at something. Maybe the solution is there where you least expect it. In the thing you marginally thought cool last week or two weeks ago. There's gotta be a reason that troublemakers begin to feel threatened when you look in those areas. It very well could be that they sold you out somewhere down the line and don't want you to find out. Its like looking at line of code in an html. One little screw up and the web page design is all thrown off. A chain is only strong as its weakest link, right? So in order to do the right thing what's gotta happen first is look at all the angles. Say a, b and c had potential but didn't work out so well? Then break it down to yourself and say here's what worked and what didn't in those areas. Focus on the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative and like Mr. Como also sang, don't miss with Mr. in-between. Sooner or later you'll find the anarchist(s) in the woodpile and we'll all learn come hell or high water how to cope with what they thought people had forgot. From there, all you gotta do is make sure you have it all planned out and put out there for people to take in. Hopefully before when you said to yourself you had in mind to make a change. Otherwise if you got lazy at a job, you'd be fired.


...Naw, too easy.

Donald Trump on NBC's "The Apprentice."
Image courtesy of:
Trump Productions LLC.
Mark Burnett Productions.
NBC.
All rights reserved.

Business Directory for Dixon, California
Add to Google
Online Marketing

Add to Bloglines

2 comments:

  1. GREAT BLOG! This actually made me feel better. Thanks John. Luv xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, Lydia. I'm always glad to put a smile on that very charming face. Luv u too! xo

    ReplyDelete