Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Resolutions.

Every year people expect us to come up with new things we want to accomplish by December. Nobody ever expects a resolution to be that we're so annoying people stop asking what our resolutions are. I want to be that guy. I love resolutions but then they suck. Its like things sound so cool when you say them: I want to lose weight, I want to have a good job, I want to have a hot girlfriend. Have you ever tried putting any effort into having those?! That's alot of work you're setting yourself up for just to accomplish one! Not to mention all three of them.
Losing weight isn't easy. Diet companies are in the business of making money. They don't tell you that drinking regular soda with diet food is going to make you fatter. They don't tell you that the moment you drop Jenny Craig you get fatter than when you started. The bottom line, to apologize for being a complete cynic here, is that they just want your money.
Having a good job takes alot of time, effort and being completely stubborn. That's beyond acting politely anxious. You have to give a good rap as to why someone ought to care and give you the break you're seeking. Do you know how many hours it takes that you have to look in the mirror and appear convincing to yourself? To put it this way, I wouldn't hire myself to sneeze.
Women are beautiful. The problem is that generally speaking, they know it. As a result, they often expect no less than the very best. Money. Hell, if I was that pretty I wouldn't date someone like me. Which says alot because I'm called the coolest dude by most local people I hang out with. Comic book geeks. If I were a woman and saw me I'd be like sorry man, you still live with your Mom! Now as a guy, if you ain't rich or a rapper when that happens? you might as well stick your head in the sand and become an Ostrich.
All in all, I think resolutions are a suckers' game. Then again, looking at all I said what isn't? No matter what you do you're gonna have problems. The best you can hope for is to forget and hope nobody to notice them. At least until next December when people ask what your resolutions are.


"Man, this is stupid!"

Tyler James Williams and Vincent Martella on TV's Everybody Hates Chris.
Image courtesy of Chris Rock Productions and CBS Paramount Domestic Television.
All rights reserved.

So here's tonight's question for all you out there reading this: What would you do if you could annoy people that bother you about resolutions?

Leave a reply and perhaps I'll get back to you.

Business Directory for Dixon, California
Add to Google
Online Marketing

Add to Bloglines

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts about the resolutions: it really depends on the person and the resolution(s). I made 2 or 3 this year and am actually working on them. I think that New Year's Resolutions are redundant, because if we aren't constantly making goals, even small ones, what's the point of making goals at the start of a New Year since we never follow through or continually challenge ourselves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great point! People aren't the same in January that they are by next December. You could work on one resolution but then you unexpectedly make 140 million dollars and it throws off your whole world. Next thing you know, you're on a completely different track and would be lucky to eventually find your way back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My resolution this year was to make more of an effort in changing my life for the better. But like 8th Circle said, if we are not constantly settings goals for ourselves, why bother at all? The goals and challenges we set for ourselves should be attainable and go towards make a change in our lives. Whether the change is immediate or cumulative, it doesn't matter, as long as we ARE making a change for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that's true too. Just as long and nobody bothers you about them. I mean as long as you're doing good and making progress yourself, who cares what most others think? I mean if its your friends than that's one thing. However, what if its people you don't like? What if big city relatives come in and all they do is mess things up?

    ReplyDelete